In a few days we will talk about testing (or the lack there of), the CDC and why so many patients have to pay for care out-of-pocket. This is a very real issue for many. I know 3 people personally that have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease (an actual diagnosis from a Dr.) who can’t get treatment. Their insurance won’t pay for it and they cannot afford to pay for it out of pocket.
We are currently paying on average $2,500 a month for Paige’s doctor and her treatments. This does not include diet changes, her wheelchair or walker, new beauty products and toiletries that are chemical free or anything else that she may require. If we add all of this up it would top $3,000 a month for her care.
We have been BLESSED with donations from friends and family who have helped us with this financial burden. We also did an online auction that raised enough money to pay for 1 months worth of medicine/supplements. However, that is nearly gone. We aren’t sure what the future holds or how we will continue to pay for her care. But we have faith that the Lord will continue to provide.
There are a couple of opportunities for you to help out. We aren’t big on asking for donations, we would much rather work for what we earn, these opportunities will reflect that.
- Made With Love- by Jenn had made these amazing decals for Lyme Awareness month. She is selling them for $5 each and is donating the profits to Paige and her current medical care.
If you would like to order one, please contact her via her facebook page and click on the BLUE CONTACT US BUTTON. If you don’t have facebook, comment and I will get you her email.
2. We have a fundraising page on facebook where we will be hosing another auction, some online parties and more. Please ‘like’ it and follow it and you will be kept informed of the different things going on. Here are a few of the online parties we have scheduled: Tupperware, Lilla Rose flexi clips, Norwex, Pampered Chef, Scentsy and Beauty Counter. If you have Lyme and/or another illness or autoimmune disease, you will want the information that Norwex and Beauty Counter share. They are natural and chemical free products that we are using and loving.
3. Paige’s mom and aunt have started a live pearl opening business and all profits go towards Paige’s treatments. They offer live openings online, live openings in home (for those that are local) and they also can send you the supplies for you to host your own live opening party. Packages include an oyster, a pendant and a chain and start at $35. You can view their page on facebook.
4. We have been asked many times if there are thing that Paige needs or wants that people can send to her; and there are. We have set up an Amazon wish list for these things. You can look it over and see if there is something you would like to send to her.
5. Lastly, if you don’t want to shop or buy anything, you can donate directly to Paige, either via PayPal or YouCaring.com. If you send via paypal, the family isn’t charged a fee if you send as a friend 🙂
Be sure and come back throughout the month to learn more about Lyme Disease.
Deuteronomy 16:17 – “Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD your God which He has given you.”